MBA Learning Goals and Objectives
Upon completion of the MBA program, our graduates will
1. Integrate theory, research, and practice from all functional areas – accounting, economics, finance, marketing, operations research, management, and organization – to solve business problems within dynamic environments.
- Demonstrate ability to integrate the various business functions to good effect.
- Demonstrate appreciation of the role of contexts when developing and executing strategy.
2. Critically evaluate and make ethical decisions with consideration for multiple stakeholders.
- Evaluate and analyze the ethical dimension of decision-making
3. Demonstrate communication behaviors that reflect an awareness of context, relationships, others’ perspectives, and individual as well as organizational goals.
- Communicate their intended message clearly and professionally to individuals, teams, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an ability to engage in perspective taking and conflict management
- Demonstrate an ability to adapt communication behaviors to dynamic, multicultural, and/or complex contexts.
4. Lead, follow, and collaborate with others in the context of interpersonal and organizational diversity.
- Demonstrate comprehension of OB theory at individual, group, and organizational levels
- Apply OB theory to address individual, group, and organizational level issues
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of technology as a strategic tool.
- Identify and evaluate the functional, financial, operational, and social impact of technology.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of business in multicultural contexts and the opportunities and challenges of globalization.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of global markets and finance on business decisions