New Deal in Graduate Education Personal Development Plan†
As a student, you receive professional development classes and workshops at no extra cost through this unique plan.* Craft a plan that draws from career-enhancing business skills, IT training, and specialized certifications for advancing your career and fulfilling your professional goals.
With every graduate course you complete toward your degree, you earn 1 Professional Development Opportunity (PDO). PDO courses can cost hundreds even thousands of dollars, but as a student you receive them at no extra cost. See the list of courses below. Please note: Not all professional development classes and workshops are offered every semester. A schedule of eligible classes/workshops will be posted on our website each semester. Click here for the current semester schedule.
For questions or more information, contact
Ed Weckerly, 610-725-5377, or
Denita Wright Watson, 610-725-5339.
Personal Competency Workshops
- Presentation and Communication Skills
- Writing Skills
- Technical Writing
- Project Management, Overview
- Introduction to Statistics
- Supervising Others
- Building High Performance Teams
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Financial Planning & Budgeting
- Negotiation Skills
- Proposal Writing
- Meeting Management
Information Technology Competency Workshops
- Microsoft Excel Level II
- Microsoft Project
- Introduction to Programming Concepts Using Java
Information Technology Certificate Programs
- Database Design
- Data Warehouse
- IT Business Analyst
- Java Programming
- Microsoft .NET
Business & Management Certificate Programs
- Project Management
- Project Risk
- PMP Certification Prep Course
- Leadership Development
- Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare, Manufacturing & Service Industries
† This program is applicable to students taking classes beginning with the 2013 summer semester. Details for current students are forthcoming.
* NOTE: This offer does not include books or course materials and is valid for two years post graduation.