Safety and Security for Daytime Conference Clients, Students, and Visitors
Campus Security phone numbers are 610-648-3388 or 610-648-3200.
Security and Safety Services' main functions are to provide safety to all individuals on campus and security to the campus facilities.
- Call 911 if there is a medical, fire, or police emergency on campus
- Then call Campus Security and state your emergency
- Dial 3388 or 3200 on the phones in the building
- Call 610-648-3388; 610-648-3200 if using a cell phone
- You can also dial 0 for the operator (on duty from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.) on in-house phones
- Phones are available in each room on campus for emergency use
- During the evening, security personnel patrol the entire campus including all buildings, parking lots, and grounds.
- Campus Security will provide escort service for people requesting it.
Behavioral Threat Management Team
The Penn State Great Valley Behavioral Threat Management Team is committed to the safety and well-being of our campus community. For more information about Penn State Great Valley's BTM Team, click here.
In an Emergency
In the event of a fire or other emergency, an alarm will sound in the building where the situation is occurring. Campus staff will assist with the evacuation of the building. Please follow their directions on exiting and returning to the building.
- Exit doors are clearly marked.
- Fire alarms are located in each building.
- Maps of evacuation routes and alarms are located in each classroom.
- Do not use the elevator during an evacuation.
- First aid kits are located in each building. The receptionist or a staff member will assist with accessing first aid supplies.
- We have an Automated External Defibrillator in each building and staff trained to use the equipment if needed.
- Our facility is ADA compliant. If you need special assistance, please call 610-648-3239 and we will strive to meet your request.