Career Management Services
Welcome to the Career Management Center for the School of Graduate Professional Studies at Penn State Great Valley. We look forward to assisting you in reaching your professional career goals.
The Career Management Center (CMC) is dedicated to assisting students in facilitating their lifelong career development process. We help students to enhance their marketability and to achieve career advancement or successfully enter a new career path. Our overall goal is to provide services, programs, and resources that lead to securing a satisfying and fulfilling career.
What we offer
- Individual Career Counseling by appointment
- Résumé preparation and review
- Workshops on various topics including networking, interviewing techniques, and job search strategies
- Access to resources such as networking tools (LionLink), Nittany Lion Career Network and the Graduate Student Career Guide
- Internship and OPT guidance
- Monthly meetings of the professional association, My Career Transitions
- Online career resources
We are located in the Student Services Office on the first floor of the Main Building at Penn State Great Valley. Many of the resources are self-directed, allowing you to access pertinent career information when it fits your schedule.
Please e-mail CareerMgmtPSGV@psu.edu.
- Nittany Lion Career Network: Nittany Lion Career Network lets candidates explore and apply for specific work opportunities. This password-protected job board allows you to post résumés and is exclusive to Penn State students and alumni.
- Interview Stream: Welcome to Interview Stream! Use this tool with the webcam on your computer to practice your interview skills and answer the same questions you would get in a real job interview.
- Career Beam: The NEW CareerBeam is a full services career development portal designed to provide all the resources necessary to guide individuals through the strategic job search process and achieve their career goals.
- Job Choices: Featuring job-search advice, interview tips, sample cover letters and resumes, links to employers interested in hiring new college grads, and more!
- Career Fairs
- LionLink is a professional networking program for Penn State students and alumni offered through Alumni Career Services that establishes relationships with alumni who offer career information, advice and even more connections. Remember that networking is not about asking for a job, it is about establishing relationships with people that will provide you with access to information that is crucial to a successful job or career search.
- Graduate Student Career Guide: This publication produced by the Office of Career Services at University Park addresses a range of career services from using your Penn State connections for networking to considering and accepting job offers. Selected career-related Web sites are referenced throughout this booklet.
Post your full-time and internship positions through Nittany Lion Career Network. On the site, scroll down to the “Employer “section to register.
Penn State Great Valley complies with the Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services & Employment Professionals as stipulated by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).